RSS

A Rant On Dating In This Day And Age...


I was sitting outside talking to a wise person once.


"We talked about sitting on the front porch in rocking chairs. We were even discussing colors of flowers to use in the yard. I want these things already, I'm tired of waiting." I whined.


"Then you get off your butt and you work for these things. And when you have them you can say, I did this! This is mine and I didn't need a man to help me have it. " my wise friend said.


And as she was saying it I could imagine myself standing on my front porch with my hands on my hips with a swollen proud chest looking around at all I had accomplished.


I am not Cinderella waiting on the return of my glass slipper. I am not Sleeping Beauty waiting on the Prince to come and kiss me awake. I haven't wanted to be either one of these fairytale women since I was six. I do not need someone to save me.


I am strong and independent but this does not mean I can not be soft and need a shoulder to cry on from time to time. I have my own way I see things in life but this does not mean that I can not understand the way you see things and why you see them that way. I have my own hobbies and friends but this does not mean that I am not interested in yours.


A couple should compliment each other like a fine wine with a good steak. They should bring out the best in each other. Peanut butter and Jelly! Peas and Carrots! I truly believe that...I do.


But...


And really hear me on this....


I am not, nor will I ever be the young (lets face it, that adjective was dropped from describing me about 10 years ago), sit there and smile instead of actually having a conversation with you (because it takes 2 to have one of those...hello??), let you think that you are smarter than me, modern day damsels in distress! If that is what you are looking for then move along.....


0 comments:

Post a Comment